Frequently Asked Questions
The information below is a list of our common questions — please fill free to contact us if you have any additional questions.
The barn is a two-story bank style barn with wrap around decks and restrooms. Weddings have a minimum of 130 guests. Larger groups may be accommodated — call or email for additional information. (724)368-3233
The barn is available from May through August.
Yes, full service catering is included in our packages. Outside food catering is not permitted. For more information see our “Catering” page.
The barn rental includes 60″ round and/or 8′ banquet tables. White folding garden chairs are included for reception, additional chairs for outdoor wedding service do have an additional fee. Metal folding chairs are available along with chair covers as options. For more information see “Options”.
No, however due to the design, the barn offers natural cross-venting. There are ceiling fans over the dance floor to help with constant air movement.
Yes, but with a few restrictions:
- management must approve all items
- no staples, nails, tacks or strong tape can be used – jute twine is recommended
- all decorations must be taken down prior to midnight
- artificial flower petals are NOT permitted
- artificial bouquets and centerpieces ARE permitted
- no rice, confetti, or birdseed should be throw – bubbles are recommended
- no outside decorators without permission from owners
Yes, there is a 20′ x 40′ hardwood dance floor.
Yes, However you are required to provide Cheeseman Farm with a Certificate of Liability Insurance for “special event liability coverage”. Betsy’s Barn only permits our own bartenders to serve your guests.
The barn must be cleared and locked by midnight. Access for rehearsals and to review setup plans is permitted on a scheduled bases only.
Yes, there are several areas that have been used for ceremonies — In our gazebo, under a large oak tree, inside the barn and in the field.